Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Creative Outlets

A friend posted on her facebook a half picture she drew of some kind of sea creature, I'm guessing it was a squid with it's brain exploding out of its head with the caption of her needing to find a creative outlet this summer or she'll go crazy.
It was funny to me, because when I start these entries off, I put the topics in the titles and then come back to them when I think of the content. Well if it's not just an impulse one. And one just so happened to be, well you can read the title.
I agree with her about going crazy, She just finished this semester of school but because I have no life I constantly need some kind of creative outlet, and not just during the summer. One way I do this is in the form of my WoW Adventure Blogs. I have no aspirations to be a writer, but I enjoy making up stories. The ability to give my WoW toons personalities and a slight back story and make them have friendships and go on Adventures. It's something I enjoy doing.

This might not be considered a creative outlet for most, but an mmorpg is actually just that. You 'create' your own character, you pick and choose races, classes, specs, etc. In Wow with transmog, you can dress your character in whatever you want (armor allowing). The key word here is "create". You create it, you play it, and what you want to do with that character is completely up to you. Don't feel like doing End Game content? PvP? Joining a guild and being social?... guess what, you don't have to. That's the beauty of this game. You play at your own pace, you do what you want to do. Want to just make a toon that runs around with pretty wands picking herbs and mining ore and making gold on the Auction House, you can do that. That to me is being creative.

The way I decorate my little Apartment, I think is creative. Decorating my plant Randi is being creative.. A lot of people think it's dumb, but they can suck it, cuz it's fuckin cute!!!!!! I take care not to hurt her in the process just FYI. 
Imagination has a lot, if not fully, to do with being creative. You think it up, then you do it. It will always make you feel good once it's done. I know I enjoy going back and reading what I write in my WoW stories/blogs. Yes sometimes I re read stuff and think to myself "oh boy, you're weird, did you really just write that?" but I change nothing and I just giggle.
I know a lot of people are hesitant to show their creative side, because they fear it weird or that people will think their ideas are trash and just laugh. The ones that never try, never think outside of the box, are the ones that imo have failed. There are no limits to what is considered creative. And if this world was full of ones that aren't afraid to show it, this world might be a happier place. Repressed sheep like drones, follow suit and do what everyone else in society deems to be "normal" because they are afraid.