Saturday, September 6, 2014

Encyclopedia ramblings

Why the heck does a book set of the Encyclopedia Britannica cost so damn much!?!??!
actually I know why it costs so much. it's because the special glue they use to glue the books together. fricken kidding
Anywhos, there's so much information in those books. It's actually a small price to pay for so much knowledge.
I know you can find any information on the internet but I wanna learn about stuff and not have to sit at a computer and read. I would get side tracked with WoW, Hulu and Netflix. And yes I'm easily distracted by those 3 things. 
I remember having a set when I was a kid. Reading them and learning about random things starting with beginning of the alphabet. never finished it of course. So really if anyone asks me what is my favorite book, I'd say it's the Encyclopedia. oh shit, the dictionary is not far behind tho.
Just because I say school isn't for me doesn't mean I don't like to learn new things.
To not want to learn new things is rather depressing. I always say I'm not book smart, but I know some random useless information shit. Imagine if I had a set of the current encyclopedia... holy shit I'd be so smart... you know I'm kidding. My tiny brain wouldn't retain any of what I read. :-P