Monday, September 29, 2014

Sleep or lack there of

I haven't had a full nights sleep in so long. Three to Four hours of sleep a night is not bad. At least I'm getting sleep right? Seven to eight hours of deep sleep is what you're supposed to be getting. I still function fine on the sleep that I get. It's not totally terrible yet, but it's just not good for the body and mind.
Getting too little sleep can have serious health consequences, including depression, weight gain, and heart disease. Yeah, not good. But there's so many reasons why people get little sleep or don't sleep at all. I understand there are valid reasons why. Working late, studying, etc. For those, it's not every night. The off nights they will catch up on their sleep, I shall assume :-)
I haven't been gaming much lately so that's not whats keeping me awake. Weight gain isn't an issue, it's actually slowly dropping. The heart disease worries me because smoking along with taking "the pill" it also increases risk of heart disease. I always say depression is a choice and I choose not to be depressed so that's not an issue. Denial about that last one maybe?... meh, maybe that's a topic for another time... maybe. And my immune system is just fine. As far as I can tell, I'm not easily susceptible to illness. Headaches, tummy aches, yeah, but nothing serious. geez, now that I mentioned it, I might get sick... ohhh well, maybe I can finally use my sick time. soo kidding.

I don't not sleep on purpose. I love sleep. If I know I can sleep in late, I try as much as possible to do it. I set my alarm for a good 8+ hours. Most times I wake up before my alarm and I can't fall back asleep. Or I get into bed at a decent hour and just can't fall asleep so I get up and do something, I don't like just laying in bed. The mind wanders and for some fucked up reason all the depressing things in your life comes rushing into your head. The things that during the day you try to occupy yourself with something else to keep them out of your head. And that's when you get out of bed to try to occupy your mind with something else be it TV, HULU, Netflix, video games, reading, writing WoW stories, making dumb videos, playing facebook bingo while smoking on your balcony... hehe.
But in all seriousness, like I said, I don't do it on purpose. I know I get tired, I know I'm tired during the day and normally I can fall asleep like a friggen baby. I know what will help. I know alcohol knocks me out, but I don't wanna take that route and I have thought about trying over the counter sleep aids. If it gets worse and I end up not sleeping at all then I will resort to that. But for now the sleep I get is good enough.