Monday, October 13, 2014

Money changes people?

People would be lying if they said that having money wouldn't change them.
If you were born into money, you really wouldn't know if anything would be any different.
But to have came into money during your life would be the true test on whether or not you change by having a fatter bank account now. 
In any small way it would change you. Even if it was for the good. Even to become charitable is a change. You'll be spending money on things you wouldn't normally spend it on for the good.
Would your personality change? For most people, it might. But that would be the ultimate test on how much the people in your life mean to you. Would you think you're better then them now, and think that they're all beneath you? Hey now, I've watched those "I won the lottery" documentaries. I see what it does to people. And even sadder, what it does to the people around you.
I can almost grantee that if people you know right now were born into wealth (or vice versa), you wouldn't know eachother. Not that they would be awful people that they wouldn't be your friends, but simply that they wouldn't live where you live. They'd live in better, ritzy neighborhoods if not a friggen castle. High school friends that either would have been home schooled, or went to private school. You wouldn't know them because they would have been brought up in a different area so you would never have even met them. 
I though about this topic because as I see friends tote about their name brand expensive purses and I can't fathom spending $200+ on a purse. If I had that kind of money, would I really buy something like that?... As much as I say I wouldn't, I really think I would.
Especially if one was born rich, they wouldn't know any other way. What's Walmart? What are generic brand alternatives?  Coupons?... I know not of these things.
Of course I'm just stereotyping the rich and privileged. I know there are those wealthy as shit people that choose to live normal low key lives. How can you not have the utmost respect for those people. I'd like to think that if I was wealthy I'd be the same. I'd act the same way and do the same crazy things that I do. Less stress of course not having to think about money struggles. I'm not just saying this to make myself look better but I'd be more charitable. I'm a bit selfish with my money now because I don't have a lot of it duh.
But anywhos... rambling thoughts are now done.
___________________________________________
*note that when I put the quotes up that I find, I find them after I write my entries so if anyone ever wonders that they do not always completely go with what I write and why I don't elaborate on the sayings, that is why... I just like them, so I put them. perfect example is the last pic... Friggen Unicorns and Rainbows ... Badass!!! haha