Monday, May 25, 2015

How you deal with life....


Majority of the people thinks they’ve led an interesting life. Be it just what they’ve accomplished, hardships they went through, or even just a simple easy-going life.  The modest will say, “I’ve had a normal boring life” thinking they’ve never made waves, but in actuality compared to some, you have an interesting story to tell. Life stories people are willing to tell always intrigues me. Biographies if you will. What people went through to make them the way they are today. How they see the world around them.  How they view people around them. Reasons why they have the opinions they have. Past experiences always shapes the present and future self whether you choose to believe it or not.  Whether the result was that you refuse to make the same mistake, or something you’ve done and loved and want to do again. Every past is a learning experience. 
Forget everything you’ve been through, start over, clean slate? No, you can’t escape your past might as well embrace it and accept it. The things I remember, I appreciate. Definitely not proud of everything I’ve done, but nonetheless I appreciate it. Meaning, I appreciate what I’ve learned, what I’ve seen, even what I’ve done. Because it made me the person I am today. It made me have the opinions I have. Things change and some views I have now might be different in a year, or two years, or three years and so on and so on, depending on what I encounter in my life from here on out.

I might be using this term in the wrong way but this is how I feel and think. We adapt to the hands we’ve been dealt. We adapt to the lives and situations we’ve been shoved into. Think about the latest thing you’ve had to adapt to. Losing a parent and having to survive on your own. Being pregnant and having to provide for someone other than yourself.  Losing your job, or someone that once provided a second income and having to adapt from a lifestyle once full of frivolous spending to one that is careful and resourceful. How you deal with what life throws at you depends on you.
Oops, I lost track of my starting topic…. 

The easiest way for a biography to be given an accurate voice is by diaries, or journals. And in most cases diaries and journals are published in it’s entirety and not given an editor.  The only editing done would be putting it from a physical handwriting to the modern book publishing. Published in all of it’s grammatical and spelling errors. Proper grammar, punctuation and spelling eludes me so I would know not the difference. The point is getting across, and the emotion, feelings and thoughts is all I want to know about anyways. With these writings made public, you are able to read how people had to adapt to what they went through.
I will see how far back I can remember and put it into writing. Unfortunately for the curious few, I will not post it. Maybe it will put into prospective some things I do now. Maybe it will open up bigger wounds that have been pushed down. Maybe getting things out to myself will help with issues I deal with now. I guess I won't know until I do it.