Tuesday, May 5, 2015

hereditary health

When you found out that a certain illness is hereditary in your family, How did you react?
Did you sulk and think you are doomed? or did you try what you could to ease the chances of getting it with those illnesses that can be calmed or at least controlled.
The way you take care of yourself now has a lot to do with how you treat your eventual ailments.
Eating habits, exercise,your life style pretty much.
Diabetes, high blood pressure and a bunch of other crap runs in my family. I don't have high blood pressure, and I'm trying to do my research on foods to control or help with my eventual diabetes diagnosis. I know a lot of people that are prone to certain illnesses yet they do nothing to help it. It's fine if they don't care about it, it's their life live it how you want, your money being spent on medical bills, but when they're constantly complaining about it that's when I lose you. That's when I don't understand.
But I'm not all innocent in this and I really shouldn't be talking. Look at me and my cigarettes. I know what it's doing to me right now. When people say I should quit my response to them "meh, I don't plan on living that long". It's a terrible response! And besides shortness of breath and the occasional chest pains I'm fine. I know long term damage is happening and although I am not in need to go to the doctors right now, I know in the future a lung cancer diagnosis is going to happen. I'm not saying that I don't value my life but I do understand the inevitable outcome. I always say I'd do much more if I had a family, a kid especially. I know I would definitely look for a better paying job, get my license and yes quit smoking is on that list which would result in my long living attitude turning into a positive one. I'd have someone else to live for and take care of.