Sunday, June 29, 2014

Censored

For the most part I am a very outspoken person. Yes, sometimes I do keep my opinions to myself, but with most things I will tell it like how it is. I despise when people try to censor others for being who they are and doing what makes them happy. I'm not a globally political person but you see it all over the world. In the news, in your neighborhood, and in this case in your very own person life. My comments are strictly about friends/family trying to censor their loved ones.
As you can tell I enjoy letting others see how weird, goofy, silly, "childish" at times(most times) I really am. I have no one telling me what to do or that I should stop it. I don't hurt anyone with what I'm doing, if anything negative is coming out of this it's just that people are seeing how childish I am, and to be honest... I don't give a fuck. Their opinions mean shit to me, and I would love to tell them where they can stick their negative opinions.


Errr... let me explain. When I say "childish" I'm not talking about hurling yourself on the ground and throwing a temper tantrum kicking and screaming because you didn't get your way(yeah, that's not good). When I refer to the word, I'm thinking more along the lines of just doing things that wouldn't be frowned upon if you were lets say 10 or 20 years younger. Does it make a difference that I do look 10 years younger then what I really am. I say act your physical appearance, NOT your actual age. kidding... no I'm not. Anywhos... sidetracked... 

Imagine how you would feel if someone (just as childish, if not more) told you that something you just did and enjoyed doing (and others enjoyed it as well) was dumb, stupid, childish or any other word synonymous to those words. Would make you feel like shit right? Exactly!!! to have the support of your loved ones, especially of your other half, means everything. So when you get shot down and pretty much shit on, to me, that would be devastating. It's a cut that wouldn't fully heal knowing that someone you love and respect so much, thinks so little of you that they need to point out how dumb they thought you were being, by just expressing your (completely innocent) feelings and thoughts.
Why? is it because you're making them look bad? It is because you are voicing your opinions and passions that they don't agree with, and the people the both of you are associated with might be closed minded and frown upon what you're doing and the personality and opinions you have?
Censorship... I fuckin hate that word.
You want to censor what YOU don't understand.... what YOU feel is not of the norm... what YOU feel society doesn't approve of... what YOU feel will make you look bad... what YOU don't agree with. I think my list here can go on.

This post just showed how much of a hypocrite I am...
I'm talking about people's rights to be who they are and be outspoken and not to let anyone put that virtual duct tape over your mouth yet I sit here expressing MY urge to censor the ones that are trying to censor them. Everyone has an opinion, be it good or bad, if I agree with it or I don't. I need to let it go and just take it for what it is. Censorship is never going to go away.

Now when I think about it, when it comes down to it... my final point was not so much of censorship but of the love and support from your family and friends... that means the world to you. That is what keeps you going, what keeps you being who you truly are. And that is, in my opinion, what they should support, whether they agree with or not.