Monday, June 30, 2014

Skully loves Money

Ahh money... such a dirty word. I really don't know why.
I love money. Everyone loves money even if they refuse to admit it.
You can't survive in this world without it. It buys you shit, plain and simple.
I'm saying this not as a money grubbing gold digger, but simply as someone who works for what she has and appreciates what she gets. I don't expect anyone to support me and I expect the same out of someone I'm dating. I will not provide a roof over their heads. I will not fully pay for things if we go out (Unless it's a serious relationship, but I am totally fine with splitting bills) I will not just give him money if he asks for it. I'm not a fuckin ATM, and I'm definitely not a Sugar Mama (I'm too broke for that shit).
I have no issues with paying bills on time because I don't go out anywhere... you need money to go out and to refrain from using my money, I stay in. It's sad to a point, but when you really think about it it's smart. But that's where you just have to plan out your money and make sure the first thing you do is calculate what you need for the monthly bills and put it aside and don't touch it. I have an obsession with keeping track of my money, where it's going, what I'm spending it on, what I can play with. Trust me, I don't make shit at my job, I just learned to budget every penny I have. Microsoft excel is my best friend. Every time my debit card is used or a bill is paid I am on there.
Some might think I sound very stingy with my money. Friends that know me, know that's not true. If I can help someone out I will. But I would label myself as being very frugal.
I'm not pointing out what I'm doing to brag. For cripes sake why would I be bragging about how I have to BUDGET my money? If this entry was about going out and spending money on whatever I wanted, then THAT would be bragging. And shit I wish I could be saying stuff like that, but I can't. I know people who have a hard time with money, but it's simple fixes like stop buying Gucci handbags or shopping at name brand stores, or having to go to every single concert that comes your way, or stop going out to eat, or omg the newest PlayStation came out I need it noooow... this list can go on. And I would love to say that I hope this post will help people, but it really is common sense. You'll either stop buying unnecessary things or you'll keep doing it and you'll wonder why you can't pay rent at the beginning of the month.