Monday, July 7, 2014

Little White Lies

As honest as you feel you are being there is always those little white lies that seem to always slip in. People aren't dumb, they know when you're lying and there are people that blow up on you and can call you out on that shit right there, and then there are the ones that let them be.... they let them continue on with the whole illusion without showing any sign that they smell something not right. I fall into the latter. People tell me lies through stories, experiences, or just random everyday occurrences and they think I don't understand. I'm revealing my hand in this entry I know. But it still won't make people not lie to me. It's not always malicious and devious lies... just the little ones that are so small yet hold so much weight because you feel why would you choose to lie about something so small.
I come off as very naive, and as much as I'm not book smart, I'd say I'm smart at other things. Reading people and knowing what they want to hear, but not always telling them what they want to hear. To be fully honest with someone means everything to that person. The first indication that you were just lied to can cause a person to shut down so hard and start building that trust wall back up. No one has broken mine down yet. I still get the people that feel the need to not fully be honest, and that's ok. Just don't expect to know that I'm letting you carry on with it, and don't expect for me to trust you. plain and simple. I might throw some lies back at you just to make myself feel like I've won.
Do people think that the little white lies are harmless? Do people think that the little white lie won't snowball into something bigger?... just like every other lie, you have to lie bigger to cover up that little lie you thought was so innocent.
I will admit I have lied to many faces... but not before I got hit with them myself. I need to stop because it's not good for anyone, especially myself and my sanity. You'd like to think that if you showed someone honesty and trust, they would reciprocate... but nope. Now a days it seems so much more common. Like the lies are just what you do and it becomes a part of your everyday routine... wake up lie, eat, lie, sleep... It's sad really.
But that's the world we live in and sadly if you keep it in your life, that will be the life you choose to have. So don't complain about it.