Thursday, July 10, 2014

Belief in the Unknown

A friend showed me a video today that had me thinking about more then the intended intention of the video. It was about a little girl that drew on her fish tank with a permanent marker and the mom was questioning her about it. The little girl denied it and said a ghost did it, and started to described the ghost. I knew how it was going to end because it was explained by my friend beforehand. But while it was playing and the girl was describing the ghost I couldn't help but to think 2 things, Maybe this girl really did see a ghost and she just covered it up at the end to protect her ghost friend, OR she is just a compulsive liar. Sadly im sure she was just a liar. Admitted to drawing on the dog as well. Her attitude during the whole video was priceless, then you start to think if she lies like this when she's this young... unless someone teaches her straight she gonna keep on lying. Meh, not my kid so idc.
Anywhos, Let's say this did turn out the way I was hoping for. That the little girl did actually see a ghost. While most would probably want to commit her to a mental institution or send her to therapy, some would admire her ability and want to know more. I'm the type of person that would want to know more. I refer to this as an ability because I feel that that is exactly what it is. You have the ability to see apparitions, you have the ability to see what others can't, and then you have the choice to accept what you've gotten as a gift and not a curse. While no one else can see it... you can.
Call it what you will, the paranormal, otherworldly, imaginary, supernatural, or just simply the Unknown. To believe in all of this and not only the "Haunting" part of it shows a lot of ones character. You think all ghosts are here roaming in between these plains to haunt everyone. That they are all evil and stay for devious intentions. I believe that the only reason why they are hostile is because there are people out there that go looking for trouble. They go looking to disturb spirits that just want to rest. That's when people get hurt, and then that's where people label them "haunting spirits" or "haunting ghosts"... all because of the living, they cannot rest.
As much as I believe, I have not seen for my own eyes. Everyone has their brush with a cold breezes blowing by, or temperature dropping in a sudden moment. That's an experience in itself as little as you feel that it is. Orrrr that AC just kicked on. But just because you haven't experienced anything physical doesn't mean that deep down you don't believe. I believe in the unknown. But I will not disrespect entities and go searching for them. I don't need to go to a supposed haunted house to witness one for myself. I don't need proof that they exist. I know they do and that's good enough for me.