Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Wrestling observation

I'm choosing to change pace here in this topic. Buuuut like this blog title states so perfectly "Random". hehe
Anyways...  During the time I was wrapped up with WoW and my relationship issues I slipped on keeping up with something else I enjoyed... Wrestling. This entry won't go in the specifics and my history, and/ or the longevity in which I have been a huge fan but simply an observation that I came across recently.
I try to take notice to everything that I see. A huge thing I do notice is how wrestlers enter the ring. This particular action I will be talking about is the wiping of their boots before they enter the ring. A couple different reasons are given. I admire old school technical wrestlers. William Regal is one of them. He is the first person I ever noticed who wiped his boots on the ring apron before stepping through the ropes. Some people say it was because of his snooty British better then thou character that he portrays. It's a sign of respect to all the wrestlers that came before you. And some say they do it simply to not dirty up the ring, or to prevent their boots from being slick, like basketball players do.
I see several second and third generation wrestlers who do this. Cody Rhodes does it for respect for his father Dusty. Lance Storm does it for the obvious respect of the Hart Family.
Now this one came as a surprise to me and I never really watched her because when I got back into wrestling she had Tamina Snuka by her side pretty much ensuring that she kept the title around her waist so I never really saw her do anything valid to prove she was a true champion. (Oh yeah and I'm so pissed they took away the "Womens championship" and kept the "Divas Championship". that to me was a bullshit slap in the face to every single legit female wrestler to have come before, but whatever, that's a gripe for another time)
Anywhos, Yes so AJ Lee. Never gave her a thought, never cared to watch her matches because it was all rubbish... Tamina help me win, blah blah blah. She came back after her recent marriage in RL and I was shocked to see how she entered the ring on RAW last week. She wiped her feet on the ring apron!! This gotta be a fluke... then I saw it again this week. WTF! Then I wanted to see who the heck trained her, because you don't see a lot of that around these days especially with the "Divas".... her trainer Jay Lethal of TNA, JAPW and RoH, amonst other promotions. So makes sense. Along with being married to CM Punk I can see where the respect would rub off on her. It just shocked the shit out of me and made me have a lot more respect for her.