Monday, April 13, 2015

Multiple uses for stuff


There is so many things you have in your house that you can use as other things.
Be creative and resourceful with what you already have. I don't go out and buy a lot of things. I love to reuse or even overuse what I already have. Kinda sounds like a pretty bummy thing to do when I think about it.  I guess it's easier to do when you live by yourself, don't go out too much and you don't have to worry about taking care of anyone else.
I'm not preaching eco-friendly ideas here or anything. As much as I like my own ideas I do get influenced by a lot of things I see advertised. But it's more of the simpler things.
Nothing flashy or expensive. Nothing I buy or get and show off to people with the intention of bragging rights. Even if I were rich I don't think I would do that. Like "oh that's the newest car on the market, I'm gonna get it" or "everyone is buying that, I'm gonna get it too".  I know people that think that way, and trust me I'm not knocking it. I'm just saying that thats not my mind set.
I am more comfortable in being a cheap ass shopper and saving my money for other stuff. Or buying things and thinking of other uses after it's initial intended purposes. My first thing I'd like to share. I have a lot of pants that don't fit anymore and I have no intention on throwing them away (I know I should donate them) but I thought of a way to make use of them. I cut part of the pants leg and hooped it around Baby Dinosaur's walking platform and now it's her favorite sleeping hammock. She loves it. She sleeps nowhere else but in there. I like it better because it keeps her off of the gross cage floor. Not that I let it get terribly gross, but any little rodent owner knows, you don't change the bedding everyday, but your animal does pee and poop everyday. But anyways...
I remember doing this next one back home before.
I had a bunch of bandanas. It's getting the warmer summer time weather and as much as I can use a bandana to actually put up my hair, I decided to turn it into a top. Not an original idea of course. I know I've seen it and then did it. So much cooler then a shirt to be honest.  BUT, lets just say, If I lived with someone I would NOT wear it around the house unless I lose more weight. lol fo reals.
Next shirt. Shirts too big? too much holes in them so you don't wanna wear them out. Don't throw it away! I cut strips in them around the back that not only makes it airy, but if they're also too big, cut the strips down the middle and tie them together. Might seem like I've kept ex's shirts for sentimental reasons, not the case. they're so comfy and I'm too cheap to buy new shirts just to use it at home.
When I go out and see tights/leggings on clearance at stores I buy them. I usually buy them to use them at work to cover my tattoos, but sometimes I play with them at home first. Anyways after the legs are cut off I still have the waist area. what will I use this for?. Light bulb! It gets used for a hair wrap. It's elastic and light and most importantly it's cheap!!!
I'll even shop for food items thinking of the other uses I will have for the containers they come in. Jars, plastic containers, dispensers, etc. Can I reuse those things after the contents are all gone? glass peanut butter jars I can use as cups, Mayo jars I can fill with water and use for an ashtray on my balcony.
I'm someone who is satisfied with regular filtered tap water. Brita or Pur filters are good enough for me. I don't buy cases of bottled water I'll just save the bottles that I get if I buy drinks when I'm out and refill those and fill my fridge with them.
Haha, the more I'm typing the more I'm sounding cheap and poor. Oh well. I'm satisfied and that's all that matters.